Meet Plastic Surgeon Joseph Mele, M.D.
Dr. Joseph A. Mele, MD, FACS, is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specializing in Cosmetic Plastic Surgery. A Diplomat of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, his Walnut Creek, CA, Cosmetic Plastic Surgery practice is located in the East San Francisco Bay Area City of Walnut Creek.
He is an Active Member of local, state, national and international Plastic Surgery Societies including: the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the California Society of Plastic Surgeons, the International Confederation of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons.
The FACS that follows Joseph A. Mele, III, MD, denotes that he is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He is also a member of the American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons, a group formed by plastic surgeons specializing in the problems seen after massive weight loss.
Locally raised, his education and training have been in Northern California.
- Undergraduate Degree: Bachelors of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of California Davis (UCD), Davis, CA - 1985
- Medical Degree: MD from the University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA - 1989
- Surgical Internship: University of California, Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA - 1990
- Surgical Residency: San Joaquin General Hospital, Stockton, CA - 1994
- Plastic Surgery Fellowship: Saint Francis Memorial Hospital, San Francisco, CA - 1997
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
- Medical Board of California
- John Muir Medical Center - Walnut Creek Campus - Walnut Creek, CA
- John Muir Medical Center - Concord Campus - Concord, CA
- San Ramon Regional Medical Center - San Ramon, CA
Selective Active Memberships:
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- The American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons (ASBPS)
- The California Society of Plastic Surgeons (CSPS)
- The International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)
- The International Confederation for Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (IPRAS)
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- University of California Regents Scholarship Recipient
- Patient's Choice Award - American Registry
- Top Plastic Surgeons - Consumer's Research Council of America
- Top Surgeons - Consumer's Research Council of America
- Bay Area Top Doctor and Dentist Award - Doctors Improving Healthcare
- Best of Walnut Creek - US Commerce Association
- Better Business Bureau Rated A+